IT and technology
/ Fixed Term
|Job Closing Date
JOB SUMMARY & BENEFITS
Doctor Tech formed in April 2012, and since then, we have grown exponentially – supporting businesses and residents in & around the Slough and Maidenhead area.
We offer service contacts to businesses who wish to have an outsourced IT service that they can depend on; or if you require help on a less frequent basis, we offer an unbeatable service in getting you booked in for an appointment as soon as possible.
The efficiency of our service in getting your machine back to you in a fully working condition.
We want someone who is...
- Hobbyist, someone that self teaches and builds their understanding in their chosen subject
- Thrives in a hands on environment
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as on their own
- Can give examples of their strengths and knowledge
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks
Job overview / purpose:
We are currently open to recruiting a passionate apprentice to join our ever-growing versatile team.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Hardware Troubleshooting: Desktops, Laptops, NAS Drives, Printers, Routers, Projectors
- Software troubleshooting: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Printer drivers, Scanning Apps, Sage,
- Windows, OS X, Remote supports
- Operating System Installation: Windows Xp, Vista, 7. Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8
- Office Applications: Office Suite, Outlook 2007/2010/2011, Open Office
- Maintenance: System check-ups
Teamviewer, MSP Anywhere, VMWare, Cleaner, Glarys
- Our ideal candidate is someone who helps family/friends a lot with IT problems and is able to solve problems on their own
- Experience in fixing Windows, printers, Word, Excel and Internet problems is advantageous
- Excellent presentation and good customer service skills are paramount
- Must have an inquisitive mind, be analytical and be able to learn quickly
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday - Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£700 per month
Benefits / Future prospects:
- Career progression
- Versatile environment
- Young team
- Salary review
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.