|| £13852.00 per annum
IT and technology
/ Fixed Term
|Job Closing Date
JOB SUMMARY & BENEFITS
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology.
With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people.
Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier.
You will be working as part of the global IT department, providing support to the business and gaining exposure to various areas of information technology within Johnson Matthey.
We want someone who is...
- Hobbyist, someone that self teaches and builds their understanding in their chosen subject
- Thrives in a hands on environment
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as on their own
- Can give examples of their strengths and knowledge
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks
Job overview / purpose
The Apprentice will provide day-to-day support of the business and you will be a part of this busy team. Working throughout the site as well as in the IT office area you will liaise with 1st line Service Desk Analysts as well as 3rd line technical teams to help provide 2nd line support to a variety of different departments with differing needs.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support local infrastructure, including computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones, meeting room equipment and local area networking
- Diagnose and resolve issues associated with end user based application software and operating systems
- Carry out basic systems operations duties requiring local hands and eyes support, including back-up tape management, supervised server restarts, LAN patching, and cabinet management
- A keen interest in information technology and have a willingness to learn new skills
- Be able to work as part of a team and be enthusiastic and reliable
- You will need to communicate effectively with other technical staff as well as the end customers at all levels within Johnson Matthey
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
And GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
5 days per week,
8:45am – 5:15pm - flexible depending on site requirements
£266.40 per week / £13,852.80 per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.