|| £12000.00 per annum
IT and technology
/ Fixed Term
|Job Closing Date
JOB SUMMARY & BENEFITS
We are a rapidly growing company with plans to expand operations in the next few years. We provide outsource solutions for companies and the scope for future prospects is unlimited.
We are a young business that has undergone a rapid growth over the last year with the expectation of huge expansion in the next 12 – 18 months from a diverse product range and forthcoming contracts.
We want someone who is...
- Hobbyist, someone that self teaches and builds their understanding in their chosen subject
- Thrives in a hands on environment
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as on their own
- Can give examples of their strengths and knowledge
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks
Job overview / purpose:
This is an exciting and technically challenging role within a rapidly expanding solution technology company, developing websites based on PHP and Golang hosting on AWS and GCP environment, as well as supporting existing web applications.
Working within a great little team in Brighton, we are investing in the apprenticeship training delivered by QA Apprenticeships - An Ofsted Outstanding training provider.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
This is a 13-15 month Software Development Apprenticeship, consisting of training in small groups, work based assessments and evidencing on the job learning with a dedicated skills coach.
- Part of your role will involve configuring equipment for dispatch throughout the UK and Europe and liaising with on-site engineers for support and final fix setups as well as supporting the existing web applications and client base, so superb communication and interpersonal skills are critical to this role
- We are looking for a talented individual, looking to build a career somewhere where they can make a difference for the better, to join our rapidly expanding development team
- This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who wants their contribution to make a difference and enjoys the challenge of being in at the start of a new venture
- You will be delivering results that will positively affect every aspect of the business operation and increase net revenue for the company
This would be an ideal role for someone who is looking to start out on a career within technology - Some programming experience, be it from a degree, college course or online/self-study will be required however, extensive on the job training will be given and you will be closely mentored by the Senior Developer.
- A passion for technology & development
- Some experience with PHP & MySQL, this doesn't have to be from a course/degree, it could be from self-study/online tutorials
- Understanding of CSS3/SASS
- Knowledge of AWS
- Excited to begin or continue a career in Software
Desired qualification requirements:
The candidate will at least 5 GCSE's (C and above in Maths and English).
5 days per week,
Monday - Friday,
9am - 5pm,
35 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£12,000 per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.