|| £14500.00 per annum
IT and technology
/ Fixed Term
|Job Closing Date
JOB SUMMARY & BENEFITS
You will be working for a global engineering consultancy who are very focused on developing individuals within the company. They currently have nearly 300 apprentices within the business, and their aim is to give people the skills to build their career through support, training and development.
We want someone who is...
- Hobbyist, someone that self teaches and builds their understanding in their chosen subject
- Thrives in a hands on environment
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as on their own
- Can give examples of their strengths and knowledge
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks
Job overview / purpose:
There’s no such thing as a typical day at WSP.
Your role will be varied and your learning will be fast paced. One day can be completely different to the next.
In this varied role as a Learning & Development Business Administration Apprentice, your role will be to provide administrative support to a dynamic and professional team with the delivery of high quality support to our colleagues, whilst also studying towards Level 3 in Business Administration.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
Some of the responsibilities the role will involve are:
- Assist with the planning, organisation and management of all training events within the Learning & Development team
- Set up of training courses and ongoing administration of these, including organising catering, course materials and attendance registers
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence for the department via an in-house tool ticketing system, ensuring they are dealt with in a timely, professional and courteous manner
- Source and book internal and external training venues for Learning & Development run courses
- Maintain up to date training schedules and records via Business World
- Maintain the Learning Management System (LMS) and Business World system (training to be provided)
- Monitor the training needs waitlist in Business World and schedule courses as appropriate
- Develop and issue course evaluations and reports, utilising online survey tools
- Support our Early Career Professional programme events
- Support the Design and Delivery team with their event schedule
- Manage updates to the Learning & Development intranet pages
- Liaise with other WSP departments as required
- Manage the delivery of the Learning & Development reporting suite
- Provide support for other ad/hoc duties within the team as and when required
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with other members of staff
- Deal with the booking of meeting rooms and travel in line with company procedures.
- Study towards an NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration.
- Be an active and collaborative team member, work closely with colleagues
- You’ll be enthusiastic with the curiosity and creativity to think outside of the box
- You’ll want to stretch and inspire us, speaking up about any new ideas you have
- You’ll know it is important to keep everyone in the loop and will demonstrate this through excellent communication skills
- You’ll enjoy working in a team environment, sharing ideas and collaborating with colleagues
Desired qualification requirements:
You will have completed your GCSEs with a minimum of five GCSEs grade C / Level 5 or above which must include English, Maths and Science, with at least a B / Level 6 in English.
5 days per week,
Monday - Friday,
37.5 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£14,500 per annum.
Benefits / Future prospects:
- Reduced rates on gadget insurance
- Cheaper gym memberships and Tastecards
- A standard 25 day annual leave allowance plus Bank Holidays and the flexibility to buy and sell annual leave
- The Cycle to Work Scheme (which entitles you to a tax free bike)
- 2 paid days a year to be used for volunteering activities
- The option to purchase additional benefits such as dental care, personal accident cover, and holiday or life insurance at reduced rates
- Employee Assistance Programme – EAP is a confidential life management and personal support service, which offers you free access to specialist advice in areas such as legal, financial, personal and family matters including bereavement and counselling services.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.