IT and technology
/ Fixed Term
|Job Closing Date
JOB SUMMARY & BENEFITS
Established 15 years ago, we are a wholesale telecommunications provider supplying high-end cloud-based contact centre solutions to the reseller community.
We operate and self-manage our own national multi-sited network, with infrastructure hosted in independent hosting facilities in London, Birmingham and Manchester.
All of our products and software are developed and maintained by our in-house team.
We want someone who is...
- Hobbyist, someone that self teaches and builds their understanding in their chosen subject
- Thrives in a hands on environment
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as on their own
- Can give examples of their strengths and knowledge
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks
The Service Support Apprentice must be technically competent with a flair for customer service. They will be able to work in high-pressure fast-paced environments. Being a team player and having excellent communication skills are also important.
The Apprentice will complete a 15-month Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship and will gain valuable skills and experiences.
The Service Support Apprentice primary duties, core tasks and responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Actively working on the support issues
- Providing telephone, email and portal based technical support on our suite of hosted Telecoms products
- Liaising with our technical team to resolve customer faults and queries.
- Logging and progressing customer faults or development requests in our internal ticketing system.
- working within agreed SLAs
- Action porting requests
- Awareness and involvement in monitoring of all layers of the network
- Receive our monitoring alerts, be proactive on certain circumstances
- Where the alerts are caused by customer operations be proactive in managing customers to resolving them
- Incident management
- Supporting the incident management process to ensure all P1 incidents and service affecting issues are resolved and concluded as per defined processes and within internal KPI’s
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
- Passionate about customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Excited by technology
- Enjoys working in a small but close-knit team
- Team player
In addition to these traits, the following required skill sets are required:
- A demonstrated interest in IT and Telecoms based systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a polite telephone manner
- An aptitude to interpret client queries/requirements, absorb and retain information quickly
- Understanding of the cloud-based telecoms industry
Desired qualification requirements:
Minimum of 5 GCSE grades D and above or equivalent.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
8:30am – 5:30pm, with 1 hour’s lunch,
35hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£12,000 per annum.
- 20 days holiday per year + bank holidays
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.