IT and technology
/ Fixed Term
|Job Closing Date
JOB SUMMARY & BENEFITS
We are a young and dynamic company with a passion for cyber technology and delivering high quality security solutions to protect our customers.
Since our start, we have enjoyed rapid growth in a fast-paced sector that brings fresh opportunities and challenges daily.
We have an open, relaxed and flexible culture, where everyone is valued for their role in the team.
We are an leading independent consultancy specialising in cyber defence, solution implementation and managed services. We are a trusted delivery partner for selected technology vendors and major resellers, working with enterprises of all sizes across all sectors. Our customers include large multi-nationals with globally recognised brands, national and private banks, central and local governments, regional and national police forces, universities, schools, and the NHS.
We want someone who is...
- Hobbyist, someone that self teaches and builds their understanding in their chosen subject
- Thrives in a hands on environment
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as on their own
- Can give examples of their strengths and knowledge
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks
We are looking for an ambitious tech-savvy individual to join our team of analysts delivering threat hunting and incident detection services to our customers.
- Actively monitor customer log feeds and automated alerts for anomalous activity and behaviour
- Investigate anomalous events using available in-house and third party tools and threat hunting methods to identify potential security incidents
- Record and maintain incident details in Longwall's ticketing system
- Liaise with Customer and/or Longwall's Incident Response team to assist with further investigation and containment of threats
- Support the production of incident and management reports
- Provide technical support for Longwall internal users and IT infrastructure
- Passionate about computing and networks
- Has a natural curiosity for how things work
- Outstanding organisation and problem solving skills
- Maths and English to at least GCSE level
- Minimum 2 A-Levels at Grade C or above in Maths or a Science, preferably with Computing Science
Monday - Friday,
9am - 5:30pm,
37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£18,000 per annum, increasing by £500 per annum every six months.
2-Year fixed term contract.
£500 achievement bonus on successful completion of apprenticeship programme.
25 days annual holiday allowance (excluding public holidays)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.