IT and technology
/ Fixed Term
|Job Closing Date
JOB SUMMARY & BENEFITS
Founded by two IT professionals who shared the ambition of providing personable, competitive and reliable IT support, 247 IT Services Limited is a grass-roots IT consultancy. For too long, IT companies have been providing sub-standard and detached support - we have the vision of being your outsourced "in-house" IT support.
We are a fast-growing company and we are always willing to help young people at the beginning of their career journey.
We want someone who is...
- Hobbyist, someone that self teaches and builds their understanding in their chosen subject
- Thrives in a hands on environment
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as on their own
- Can give examples of their strengths and knowledge
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks
The role will cover many aspects of IT, and will give an apprentice the opportunity to gain valuable skills and experiences.
Main role: [duties will be to:]
- Provide technical support; answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Log all calls on the call logging system and maintain full documentation
- Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected
- Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Allocate more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support member
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
Other duties include:
- Working in conjunction with the IT Infrastructure Manager and the IT Team
- Working alongside the IT Infrastructure Manager on the Applications, Telephony, Infrastructure and Systems so they meet current and future needs
- Supporting the IT Infrastructure Manager to handle the day-to-day user requests from service desk system, Ticketing & Installations and Upgrades
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
- Communication skills
- Technical competency
- Work ethic
- Determination and persistence
- Ability to work as a team
- Problem solving skills
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5pm,
37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£4.50 per hour / £168.75 per week
Benefits of the role:
- Growing business with great career progression opportunities.
- Training programme is designed to provide real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform individuals into highly-skilled IT Apprentices.
- Apprenticeships will blend on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning, which will teach a range of new skills including: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating System, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic, Business Process.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.