IT and technology
/ Fixed Term
|Job Closing Date
JOB SUMMARY & BENEFITS
An innovative company based in the heart of Birmingham city centre.
This is a continually growing business with unrivalled technical expertise within their field.
They won Microsoft apprentice employer of the year in 2012 and 2016, making them the only company to win it twice!
We want someone who is...
- Hobbyist, someone that self teaches and builds their understanding in their chosen subject
- Thrives in a hands on environment
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as on their own
- Can give examples of their strengths and knowledge
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks
My client based in Birmingham and are looking for a Project Management Apprentice to join them for a 2019 start!
- Assist in managing the delivery from project initiation to go live date by coordinating the different areas of the delivery team to ensure actions are completed within timescales
- Assist in managing Professional Services projects from initiation to final delivery date
- Work with Team to fully understand company legacy and solutions
- Assist with analysis of client data as part of the data quality management process
- Work as part of client delivery team to deliver business objectives and provide the best possible service to clients
- Ongoing communication with Client Delivery Manager, Executive Board and Steering Group regarding timing and content of deliveries, including any risks to delivery
- Liaise with internal stakeholders in each of the steps of the delivery process to ensure they understand project requirements and are on track to deliver
- Liaise with project managers to ensure they are keeping individual client deliveries to plan and have required level of support
- Prepare periodic reports to Executive Board on current status of roll out/client delivery highlighting any risk areas
- Take accurate notes and actions at meetings and share in a timely manner
- Act as point of contact with client throughout the project time-line providing reassurance, guidance and support
- Engage with client to agree delivery process and timescales at high level
- Create project plan (PID) summarising client delivery road-map and manage process throughout with support of Project Manager
- Keep project roadmap updated and record progress throughout
- Keep issues logs and risk records updated, escalating issues to Client Delivery Manager for review
- Feed any issues as appropriate into lessons learned document for review by Delivery team
- Work with data quality management team to cleanse client data and undertake data migration process
- Ensure that appropriate training program is arranged for client by training team
- Facilitate user acceptance testing by client and obtain final go live sign off
- Obtain final sign off from client
- Arrange post upgrade support
- Seek to generate additional revenue for added value services
- Ensure any additional purchased services are recorded, invoiced, and delivered within the agreed schedule
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
- Knowledge: Ensuring you have the skills to do your job and continuously apply them
- Excellence: You deliver the highest standard you can provide
- Reliability: Your colleagues know that you can be trusted to deliver on commitments in a timely fashion
- Empathy: You demonstrate understanding and consideration of all other people
If you have any previous experience or transferable skills for a role like this, please apply!
Desired qualification requirements:
- A-Levels in ICT/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
40 hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£10,000 per annum / £192.31 per week
Benefits of the role:
- 25 days holiday, 1 week of sick pay in first year, increasing to 2 weeks after 1 year and 4 weeks after 2 years
- 6-month personal development plans, but these are not linked to salary
- Review salaries regularly and for apprentices we have a post apprenticeship scheme where they receive an increase every 6 months, for 2 years, to bring them up to the market rate for their experience
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.