IT and technology
/ Fixed Term
|Job Closing Date
JOB SUMMARY & BENEFITS
We are a UK based IT company providing IT solutions to a range of clients. We are very passionate about the services we offer and are always there to help you with your IT requirements.
We want someone who is...
- Hobbyist, someone that self teaches and builds their understanding in their chosen subject
- Thrives in a hands on environment
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as on their own
- Can give examples of their strengths and knowledge
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks
We're looking for someone who is passionate about IT to join our fast growing company based in Wokingham. Predominantly the role will be providing IT support for business around the country when things go wrong, it could be as simple as installing a printer to working out why things are slow, not working or just taking a step back and thinking is this the best way this could be setup? If not, let’s improve it.
We've got a team of people who will help get your foot in the door of a career in IT, from IT support to software development and server maintenance, we can help train you up in the parts of IT that interest you.
Interested candidates should have great communications skills and the ability to keep a calm head when everything appears to be going wrong for a customer, however support will be given throughout whenever required.
- First line support for incoming live chat and phone calls
- As the first person the customer will speak to, you will work with our current help-desk technicians to provide an overview of the problem and potentially fix it if you can
- Work closely with our current team to work out how we can improve the service we're providing to our customers
- Investigate new technologies that are out or coming out soon that could be relevant to us or our customers
- Take thorough documentation and notes on our clients setups for future reference
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
- We're looking for a team player who can keep a calm head
- An out-going personality
- Someone who isn't afraid to stand up for what they believe in
- A keen in interest in IT projects outside of work, be it a small website or small projects you've worked on in the past etc.
- Excellent communications skills with a high attention to detail
- Superb problem solving skills
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£200 per week
Benefits of the role:
We're a small close team who love what we do. With a diverse range of skill sets, music on all day and a Die Hard movie day after the Christmas party, we like to think we're not a typical boring office. You will be part of our team just like everyone else and not sent off to make coffee all day.
- You’ll learn within a strong, fast paced technical team who will actively help you learn new skills rather than just leave you to the course
- Annual paid for parties with food and drink
- An office with nice greenery and a basketball hoop out the back
- The ability to follow the IT journey you wish to, rather than a set in stone. We can work with you to train you up to set you up on the path you want to follow
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.