IT and technology
/ Fixed Term
|Job Closing Date
JOB SUMMARY & BENEFITS
Our mission at Hitachi Capital is to be exceptional people providing outstanding customer experiences. We want to be the trusted brand for financial services in Europe, and we know its people like you who will help us achieve this.
We want someone who is...
- Hobbyist, someone that self teaches and builds their understanding in their chosen subject
- Thrives in a hands on environment
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as on their own
- Can give examples of their strengths and knowledge
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks
We are currently seeking someone with a passion for IT to work within our IT Service Management department. You will get the opportunity to work with a number of different technologies and also departments.
Full training will be given but strong communication skills are necessary.
- First point of contact for each of the infrastructure disciplines
- Incident Management (Involved in day to day BAU activities)
- Infrastructure Monitoring (Solarwinds, SCCM, Puppet, OEM)
- Documentation management for network, servers & database
- Service Improvement contribution
- Involved in patching & standardisation of configuration
- Self-learning through the creation of the build of test/lab environments
- Responsible for asset management across the infrastructure teams, to review, amend and remove building up our CMDB within ServiceNow
Desired qualities and skills: and experiences:
- Ability to self-start, spot opportunities, add value and able to work well within a team
- Genuine interest in IT and infrastructure technologies
- Friendly & helpful attitude
- Willing to work flexibly ‘going that extra mile’ as needed to deliver excellence in customer service delivery
- Positive attitude to problem solving and troubleshooting
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£12,000 per annum
Benefits of the role:
- Hitachi capital has an excellent working culture, which includes dress down on a Friday
- Hitachi also works with a number of different technologies and is almost always described as an excellent place to work
Potential to gain a salary increase during the apprenticeship as well as the potential to gain a full time job after the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.